Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Mode

Support a "Dark Mode" for the MongoDB Realm UI.

16 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configure rate limit

It would be nice to be able to configure rate-limiting to prevent DDoS, scraping or unwanted requests that could highly increase the cost of MongoDB Realms

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Intuitive GUI for Relationship Modeling

I know "Add Relationship" button works very well. However, you can check some of Headless CMS out there and learn from how they are letting users to handle relationship modeling.

I think the one from Strapi is the best. It's like attached image.
    You can search on google image by "Strapi relation" and find more images.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add REST API Services

Add REST Services support analogous the GraphQL.
    Some users on Realm desire a REST API to their clients as
    oppose to a GraphQL API.

Although this can somewhat be accomplished by adding a HTTP '3rd Party Service' and query the mongo collections, you don't get all Rules, Schema, and other useful tools and services which are provided with the GraphQL option.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Actual API Documentation

There is various documentation for the many Realm/Stitch SDKs but almost no information about the underlying API endpoints, this needs to change and we need some detailed docs for working with the API itself.

I am trying to get an app running with the GraphQL API but have found working with the authentication APIs to handle auth tokens and sessions to be a bit of a nightmare. This page https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/graphql/authenticate/ has some useful information but doesn't even give the endpoints for logging out or explain how to properly handle the email sign up process using API endpoints in place of…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search Users by Email

In the users tab, I can only search by ID. If I don't have the users ID, it's nearly impossible for me to find a user in the list. Need to be able to search for a user by email ASAP. Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add More Regions For Realm

Would be great if we can have more options for realm like south america and europe.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More descriptive errors

We need more error codes for different situations. For example, using the wrong details while logging in returns 46 (Unknown), with a message indicating wrong credentials. In my app, 46 maps to a message like "An unknown error occurred. Please try again later.".

It would be nice if wrong credentials had its own error type so I could send a more descriptive message.

Please also consider this for any other error type that doesn't have a good reason for being Unknown.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. refresh logs button

Please add a refresh button to the Logs view. I realize a browser refresh does the trick, but a button above the Logs table is more convenient.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Github Authentication Provider

Right now there is Google, Facebook, and Apple as auth providers. Would like to see Github added as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ObjectId

We need a way for ids to not have to be unwrapped from $oid before they are assigned as an ObjectId.

Incoming data:

{"_id":{"$oid":"..."}}

Realm class:

class Item: Object {
    @objc dynamic var _id = ObjectId.generate()
    }

That's all that should be needed.

So the default ObjectId class needs:

enum CodingKeys: String, CodingKey {
    case oid = "$oid"
    }

then in init(from decoder:Decoder)

let container = try decoder.container(keyedBy: CodingKeys.self)
    try super.init(string: try container.decode(String.self, forKey: .oid))

Do that when the .singleValueContainer() call fails.
    That way both use cases are satisfied.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy functions from one cluster to another

It would be great if you could copy a Realm Service or Function from one cluster to another. I find myself having to open two tabs and coping the function code then checking all settings are the same etc.
    We would normally dev on a "test" cluster then copy Service functions over to "prod" cluster. Or am I missing something?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. on premise solution

Allow MongoDB to be used for on-premise solutions to offer early on integration or govcloud support for Realm.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Schema Definition/Validation: Descriptive Errors

It would be nice to have a more descriptive error similar to the way Joi works when an insert fails due to schema definition. An error that points to the offending section of the schema.

It's hard to debug with the current "insert not permitted" error.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import app with Realm UI

You can export the realm app using the Realm UI, but you cannot import it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. External Dependencies Management (npm)

A lot of 3rd party libraries don't work, even ubiquitous ones like Joi. We upload zipped node_modules and all we get are errors.

Devs now spend time building simplified versions of these libraries so we don't get the full benefit of a using a battle-tested library and also waste time writing functions that we shouldn't need to write. This is a huge pain and a productivity killer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide support for Paypal Node SDK

I just would like to have added support for the PayPal-node-SDK module. Currently when you try to use it as a dependency it results in an error.

The repo is located here:

https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-node-SDK

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. realm-ui

When creating a free cluster to evaluate realm-ui and sync please warn that 4.4 or higher mongo is required.
    Now i found out when getting started that i have a cluster with 4.2.1 and cannot use the task tracker app sync.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for user "Presence"

At this point in time, it is not possible to determine in Realm Cloud whether a user is connected to a MongoDB Realm app and is online or not. In other words, there is no built in mechanism in Realm for figuring this out. Firebase has had this feature for years, so I think it only nature that Realm should as well. This is absolutely critical for developing something like a chat application.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Complex Realm Querying (No Partitions)

So there's currently an issue with Partitions where if you have multiple complex relationships, files that need to be in multiple partitions aren't accessible.

Let's say you have a User Object and a Tribe Object.
    Each user has a list of tribes they are in, and each tribe has a list of users they are in.

If you partition for each User, and User 1 and User 2 share a tribe, the User 2 partition will be unable to access the tribe.

If you partition for Tribes, and Tribe 1 and Tribe 2 that share a User, one partition will…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base