Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Apple Watch (Sync)

Currently there is no support for sync on Apple Watch and no guidance on how to sync data between the apple watch and MongoDb Realm.

Previously the lack of websockets was listed as a reason for not supporting sync, but since watchOS 6.2 URLSessionWebSocketTask seems to provide the needed WebSocket.

Currently it is not clear how to build a watch app and sync data to the mobile app or to MongoDb Realm.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Realm Cocoa SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple Combine Integration

Just like current support for RxSwift.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Cocoa SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vapor (Swift Backend) Support

Provide a native implementation of Realm for swift backend popular server-side Vapor.
    This will allow developers to apply the same technology Realm Swift for mobile apps and backend web application

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customer feedback on Cocoapods

"I was looking for the pre-built version of the iOS SDK to download and install directly and that took me a bit to find. We don’t use Cocoapods, but the documentation really only describes using Cocoapods. Anyway I was able to find it on github recently, but I hadn’t thought to look there before. That might be a helpful addition to the docs for anyone installing it directly - I had to dig around quite a bit for it and wasn’t sure where to look."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Supporting backward compatibility

The requirement is backward compatibility. Let's say i have 3 apps from same family(i.e same app groups). These three apps access the same realm db using app group id.

For example - apps like gdrive, g docs and g sheet. All these app access/use the same db.

Similarly the app can use realm db and share the db with the app groups' apps.

as of now, If we update the main app's DB, we will have to set the new scheme version. if we set this, other apps will get crashed.

Note : Any changes in main app will need…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base